- Company Name
- WATANABE CHEMICAL INDUSTRIES, LTD.
- Business purpose
- Manufacturing & selling of reagents for peptide synthesis and amino acid derivatives
- February 1,1845
- June 27,1952
- President & CEO Louis A. Watanabe, Ph.D.
Director Masashi Tsuiki
- Paid-In Capital
- ¥ 20 million
- Hikosuke Watanabe I started a business selling traditional Japanese and Chinese medicines in Sakaimachi, in the center of Hiroshima. The shop was started under the name of "Watanabe Jurodou".
- Hikosuke Watanabe II started a business selling pharmaceutical drugs.
- The Company was incorporated as Watanabe Jyurodou Co., Ltd., under the presidency of Hikosuke Watanabe IV. Industrial chemicals and food additives were the main sales items.
- Gion Plant completed.
- Gion Plant
- The Company changed its name to Watanabe Chemical Industries, Ltd.
Industrial chemicals and food additives were the main sales items.
- Old headquarters building (front view)
- Old headquarters building (side view)
- Product samples
- Hidehiko Watanabe came back from the City University of New York,. Sales of amino acid derivatives and reagents for peptide synthesis were started.
- New headquarters building completed.
- Headquarters building
- Hidehiko Watanabe became the 5th president.
- New R&D center completed.
- Louis A. Watanabe the current president and CEO of the company came back from the University of Montreal, and custom peptide synthesis was started.
- Louis A. Watanabe became the 6th president.
- 170th anniversary
- Commendation from the Hiroshima Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
- 170th anniversary party.
- Seifu-shinto Plant completed.
- Dedication ceremony.
- Seifu-shinto plant.